Are you a budding WordPress developer with great UX design skills? We’re looking for someone with a special mix of technical skills and a top notch design sense to help us take our growing agency to the next level. If you can get your hands dirty in the code, and also put together a brilliant looking, modern layout, then this is the job for you.
After a fantastic first year, Casper Creative are looking to recruit a developer with design skills to our team. The successful candidate will have a bunch of opportunities to learn and grow being one of the founding members of the business.
We have just signed a 12 month contract with a leading financial services company which will give you the opportunity to work on 20+ new websites in the Travel, Retail and Financial services sectors for brands of all sizes. You’ll also have the opportunity to build engaging websites for start-ups and small businesses in the area.
As a growing business, we’re looking for people who share our passion, and drive to do better for our clients. You will have the opportunity to grow your role along with the business and we’re not shy about rewarding good work!
If you’re looking for a role which enables you to work on a huge variety of projects, for businesses of all sizes, you could be the perfect fit for Casper Creative.
Your responsibilities at Casper Creative will include
- Development of WordPress websites based on designs provided by us or our clients
- Development of WordPress websites based off existing websites built using a legacy CMS
- Production of pure HTML website templates
- Production of HTML email templates
- Design and development of new client websites in WordPress (using our current toolkit)
Initially you’ll be expected to work on site with us in Haywards Heath and at our Client’s offices in Crawley, where safe to do so under social distancing rules. Training and support will be provided, you will also have the opportunity to work from home as soon as you’re up and running.
We don’t expect you to know everything and the great thing about working in web design is that you are always learning. However when it comes down to the nitty gritty, there’s a few things we would like you to know:
- Building Websites in WordPress
- Familiarity with working from designs provided in Sketch and/or Figma
- Experience with Elementor and Elementor Pro would be a huge bonus (but we can provide training for the right person)
- Experience building themes and plugins again would be a huge bonus
- A passion for good, responsive design and user experience is a must
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to challenge the norm
- Good written and verbal communication
- Experience in SEO best practices, deployment to servers and DNS/domain name registration is a bonus too
Package and Benefits
On joining Casper Creative, you become one of the family and will be working closely with our Founder and Managing Director. We’ll make sure you’re looked after with the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary with regular pay reviews and the opportunity to earn bonuses for great work
- 20 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
- A day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday?!)
- The opportunity to work on site with our client in Crawley, In our offices in Haywards Heath (with fantastic coffee) and from home when you need to
- A fun, relaxed and creative working environment
- Training and Personal Development time, with encouragement to attend courses and broaden your skillset
- A shiny MacBook Pro (or Windows laptop if Apple isn’t your thing) to work on
How to apply
If this all sounds good and you think you could be the right fit for Casper Creative, send your CV (and ideally portfolio) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ask you to complete a quick test and if successful we’ll arrange a Zoom or face to face interview.
Applications are being accepted until 30/10/2020 and will be reviewed W/C 02/11/2020